Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 1, 2011

Hello Family!
I have really been enjoying this week, and there has been a lot of rain and the weather is cool. It is very strange to me to think that it is very hot there with no water when it is so different here. This summer has not been hot for very long periods of time. Really nice weather but just strange. Interesting news going on at home. I hope Molly's health is okay. That is fun to hear that Erik and Alesha are moving soon, and it is great to hear that there are some living options. Does Erik have in mind what he will be doing there when they are just getting started?  It is fun to hear that Shane is a district leader. I bet that is fun for him. It seems like he has not written in a while. I may not write on some Mondays in the future just to warn you because I may be travelling, so do not worry. This past week, we had the opportunity to teach an older woman, and she expressed some concerns about baptism because she wasn't ready. We gave her a date, and although she didn't agree, she said she'd talk to her family about it, so we hope she feels the Spirit tell her she should, and her grandson is a member, so hopefully he helps her see that it is necessary. I get to spend a lot of time with my Mission President and his wife, and they are very great and loving people. I learn a lot from them, and I feel like I am growing a lot on my mission. It is cool how you went home teaching together mom and dad, and that you saw David's farewell and saw some family. Family is most important. While we were visiting another area with President, My companion and I spent some time with the other missionaries there, and they did something I really liked. I don't know if we will incorporate it in our companionship, but they shared each others testimonies, or experiences from the day that added to their testimonies. It was fun and spiritual, and sharing testimony really does have the power of bringing people together.
If you are still wondering about where we live, there is a stadium nearby with some soccer fields by it if you are still trying to find where we live. the stadium is called central stadium, and we live very close to it. Family, I am grateful for what you have given me in life. I have learned a lot on my mission, and I see some things with a different perspective. I know that Christ is my Savior and that through him we can find happiness and salvation. I see many people that are slaves to sin, and it is sad to see, but if we live in the bounds of righteousness, we can have freedom. I love you all. Have a fantastic day. Bye.-Elder Larson