Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011


Hello Family!
This week I did exchanges with a missionary in another area, and we had the opportunity to do some service. It was at a garden home, and the weather and the scenery made it look just as if we were in Pinetop near grandad's home. It was really pretty, and that was a really great opportunity. When we serve each other, it really helps us grow closer, and even though I had never met that family before who we served, I felt very close with them in the end. They were both active and return missionaries, and we were able to get a lot of work done. We actually just cleaned up his garage and help move a few things from the house. Since President Rust came, our mission has focused on obedience, diligence, and love, and that love aspect is very important for the work and just to have happiness in general relationships. It has been great to serve with a few various missionaries even if for only a short period of time because it allows us to learn from each other, perhaps show love, and develop teaching skills.
Mom, I hope that you're feeling better from cutting the trees down. Dad, it sounds like it was a good time on Sunday listening to how the other missionaries are doing. It is exciting that so many people from our ward are out on missions. I am excited to here about Alex as well that he is out and doing work. How is Erik doing with the job, and how is the rest of the family doing. Tell grandma that I say hi to her too. Grandma, when is the last time you read the Book of Mormon? I think that it would be great if you started. Even if you can't remember the words, I know it can have a calming effect in your life. I hope you are doing well.
Like Shane said, time is going by quickly. I might write again this week or sometime next week because we will soon have zone conferences and a member of the Europe East area will be there. I am excited to see him, and then after that, some new missionaries are coming. I am having a great time, the gospel is so important. I love you. Good bye.-Elder Larson