Monday, July 25, 2011

July 19, 2011

Hello Family!
I was glad to read your letters, and I really enjoyed the letter that mom had written. I thought it was really powerful, and I feel that you have grow a lot since I have been on my mission. It is a pretty cool effect that is going on that being on a mission is such a great blessing to those around and families. Thank you for raising me to go on a mission. I am having a really great time. It is really cool how Shane had a baptism this past weekend. Baptisms are really just a wonderful experience, and It leads life into happiness, if we are willing to keep those covenants we make. We obey and serve the Lord, and he will infinitely bless us. Oh, sorry that you didn't get a warning that I wouldn't be writing yesterday, but we had to go to a different city to pick up a missionary. He will be serving in my place in the area where I am currently serving, and I will be moving to a different area in Ekaterinburg. President Rust called me to be an assistant, and I will be serving with Elder Decker, who was in my group at the MTC. I have a lot to learn, but I feel like I will have the opportunity to learn a lot and learn how to better love and work with others and do the Lord's work here.
Good job dad, it sounds like you do a very good job indexing. It is fun how you went to the movies with Kylie. Continue to be a good example for the children. I know they love you all greatly, Mom.
 
This week, we had the opportunity to speak with a Cuban. He is black, and I try not to miss the opportunity to talk to black people when I see them in the middle of Russia. I don't always get to, but this time, I asked him if he spoke English, he did not. He spoke spanish and Russian really well. He has lived here 10 years, he has a russian wife and a child, and he works as a trainer and as a musician at a club. He was really nice, and he said he may be willing to meet, ut we will see what happens.
Shane, I too will be doing a little training after getting back, because I have gotten a little more stomach weight. Continue the hard work. Let us all press on in the work of the Lord. I love you all, and I would like you to reread together the note that mom wrote to me. I really enjoyed it, and I would think that dad read it, but I really did enjoy that. Family should be the reason that we do anything we do why we are here and any position that we are in. It's God's plan, and in order for it to work, it's got to be done God's way. I love you all. Bye. -Elder Larson