Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

Hello family,
I hope your headache goes away mother. It was nice to see the pictures Shane (maybe it will motivate me to do a little better in the picture taking area). How strange it is that Alex leaves so soon. I hope Erik gets the job. I would love to see him there in  Provo. Hello Jeff Rodgers. Mom and Dad, could you forward my emails to him at jeffrey.rodgers@myldsmail.net . Too bad your team lost dad, but it is always fun regardless, and too bad Alex could not go with you to the temple. I saw advertisements for transformers 3 here, and I think it only came out a week later from America, so they have all the same big films here too it seems. I probably didn't mention the quartet because I made a mistake. (Not a good excuse). I cannot remember the English name to the hymn we sang. I sung the male version of alto, so the 1st tenor?. When we practiced, we did some part change ups, so I remembered the second verse, but then when we performed, I sang that same part for the 1st verse, so I started singing the wrong verse. I caught myself pretty quickly, and people said they like it. It was fun. I enjoy singing, but there is not often an opportunity to sing like that.
It has been kind of warm here. I must have forgotten how your weather feels like.
This week, one of the best things happened on my mission. I was able to see someone get baptized from the start to the finish, and she was really great. One of the best parts is how much the members and the ward got involved. She was a member referral and came to church before we even met each other. members helped at the meetings, members sat by her, and members had a large role in the baptismal service. I was able to baptize the sisters' convert a few weeks ago, but it was great to see a ward member baptize Lidia (our investigator). That member is also a rock solid man. Lidia really helped me see how the Lord prepares people, and she really was prepared and accepted everything. She had somehow stopped drinking coffee before we had talked about the word of wisdom, and she understood the purpose of tithing right away. It is really exciting to be part of the Lord's work.
Happy 4th of July. In celebration, I would like you to sing or read the hymn, America the Beautiful together and discuss what the words say, the blessings you have received, and obligations we have in respect to those blessings. I thought about it a little bit, and it touched me. I have met President Rust, and he and his wife are great. We will have zone leader council tomorrow, so we wil get to know him a little bit more. I love you family. Bye.-Elder Larson