Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Dear family,
I am doing well, but it has been raining quite a bit here. It feels like I am in Oregon, and it is a huge contrast from last summer. I don't think I live near those smokestacks, sorry mom. If it is by a lake, then it is too far west and not enough north. Where I live is an area slightly seperated from the rest of the city but not far. It is by the Uralsky heavy metal factory, so it is in that division of the city, and in that division, it is on the northeast edge where I live. It is by some new building. I am excited to hear that Erik will be in Provo. Means that he'll be close by and we can even possibly go to the same school. We had the opportunity to give a blessing this week to a sister missionary in our zone. She is a convert of about 3 years, but she is one of the most faithful people I have met. It help me understand how much faith really makes a difference in life, and her mood and situation really changed after the blessing. I know that priesthood power is real, and it helped me know how blessed I am. I thank you dad for being a worthy priesthood holder in our home, and I know that has influenced my life greatly. I would be down for that marathon if you are really serious about doing it. I believe that you can, it would be pretty macho (you agree mom), and as long as you prepare well, I don't think you would die. There is a sister in our zone that has ran a marathon in the past. But it would really be fun. My companion and I run periodically.
 
President Rust is great. He hasn't served a mission, didn't finish school, but he says that he has made big changes in his life through the atonement of Christ. He and sister Rust lived in Utah, he worked in an oil company, Shell, they moved, he stayed, another company came. The company he worked for wasn't honest, he didn't keep his mouth closed, and they fired him. His mom said not to worry, and Chevron asked about him. He got on with them, moved along a line of promotions till he was asked to go to Moscow where he lived for 10 years, until he retired after he was called as President. He is very loving, hugs us, and wants us to work hard, work with members, and help build us up.
Thanks for the package mom. It was healthy and tasty. I love you all. Bye.-Elder Larson