Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Hello Family,
This week has been going well, but a little different because of transfers and problems with visa trips and other things. Elder Zhdanov left, and Elder Pearson came on Wednesday. I am excited again to work with Elder Pearson. He still has great ideas, he has changed a little, but I love being with him, and he is also bringing in some new ideas from his experience. At the end of the week, I was also with the zone leader from the adjacent city because my companion had to go on an unplanned trip to Finland. It is cool how all the little ones are there in Arizona. I hope you all are having fun. I hope the medical tests go well. It is strange how brad is already home, and how Alex will soon be leaving. I hope all the check ups go well mom. I live on Shefsckaya street in the northern part of Ekaterniburg called Uralmash/ Elmash. Ural heavy machine factory is located nearby. I live in a new building towards the edge of the city.
There is some exciting news that we will have a baptism on Saturday. She is amazing, accepts everything, and it has been about 3 weeks since the time we started teaching her. It has been a huge miracle, and it really helps me see that God has the power to change hearts. We simply need to invite people and we don't always know who is ready. I will still be here for a while. NExt week, I will have a new mission president. President Allcott has been great. I am really loving this time, and I really love how simple the Gospel is. Following commandments, we receive blessings. If we mess up, we can sincerely repent and change through Christ so that we can follow the commandments, and receive blessings. It of course isn't so easy to always do, but we have so much help given from God to keep us on the right path. I love you all. Be Healthy. Don't miss me too much, just kidding, not really. I don't know. I love you all. Sorry, I just have a blank of thought today. I know that Christ is my Savior, and I know that through the teachings of Christ we find happiness. Good bye.-Elder Larson