Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011

Hello family!
I had a fun time talking with you. Not a whole lot here has changed within that time because we had Victory Day, and that was an in day for work because there would be too many drunk people. We did cleaning and ate lasagna and looked in the area book, and talked. I am not getting transferred, so my companion and I will be together again this transfer. On Sunday, we were also able to see the dedication of the Church building here in Yekaterniburg. I thought it was interesting to be able to see you all, but it was hard because it was not that we could really structured talk to each person. I was glad to see Molly, Trey, and Madison, Kylie, Brett, and Ashton and Erik and Alesha. I am doing well. There does exist peanut butter here, but it is only sold at one place where you need a card (it is like costco), so we need to buy peanut butter from those people like senior couples, so don't worry about sending it. The Senior couple that helped me use skype is the Glagolev family Глагольевы. The miracle of my transfer is that a less active woman came to church that had not come in years, and she really enjoyed it, and her 11 year old daughter might be interested in learning about the gospel. That little girl had started to read the Book of Mormon on her own and had read 8 chapters within a week's time. She has a friend who is a member, but I hope we will be able to talk to that little girl about baptism make that special for her.
We see living legends this week, which is the dancers from BYU, so it should be great. English club is going okay, but on Saturday since it is warmer, people seem to have a priority to do other things.  I am proud of Shane because it sounds like he is working very hard and being grateful for all of his many blessings. I know that only through the true teachings of Christ can we find true happiness in our lives. I love you all. 
-Elder Larson