Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

Hello Family! New years was great. I did not write because internet was down at the majority of places in town because New Years celebration is so big. Many people are off work, places are closed. It is much bigger than Christmas here and there were fireworks, we stayed inside, my companion and I got to know each other better, and it was really a good time that we had, but it was also very weird. I am safe though. Sometimes, if I do not write at all, there is typically some sort of meeting, strange circumstance, but no need to worry. It sounds fun that you were able to go hunting. The senior couple Elder here used to like to go hunting, but he says that he does not think it is as fun as it used to be.
This week, there were cool ward activities, and one of the ward activities involved children, a play, and a Christmas tree. It was one of the best programs I have ever seen, especially for the children of the ward. It was very enjoyable, and quite funny to see some of the ward members act different parts.
A man that walked in the Church really wanted to know about the church. Maybe I told you about him. He has really nothing, and he lives in a social hotel. He really liked what we said about the church, and then we sent him to the other Elders because he lives there. He came back a few days later, and we taught him again, also telling him that he needed to go to the other church building and the elders there would work with him. After that lesson, we gav him a blessing so he could quit smoking. Before that lesson, he had read the Book of Mormon in the night, and said it just filled him with joy. He found work, he is happier, and he feels that God really loves him and answers his prayers. The other Elders met with him yesterday sometime before or after church, and they committed him to baptism. I hope that he can be baptized and really find happiness.
The commandments are really important and I am grateful that I had the gospel growing up. Recently I have seen some pretty poor situations, and I am overwhelmed at how much I really do have. I am grateful for what I have been given. Like Shane, I also know the Book of Mormon is true, and it really does hold a great power within that helps in every part of life.
I am having a great time, and I am learning a lot. Recently I have had some wonderful and exciting experiences, and for transfers, both my companion and I are staying here, so it should be fun. I love you all. Thanks for the pictures, the kind words, and it is good to see that Ashton looks bright and healthy. Bye. -Elder Larson