Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010


Hello family
I had a great week. I did not get to tell you everything that happened in the week, but I really enjoyed talking to you. I enjoyed the Christmas devotional our president put on. He came up to Perm and gave a spiritual thought. My Christmas did turn out to be one of the best that I've had. I talked to you, then we went and had tacos at the Nehrings. I made some origami snowmen for the missionaries in my zone, and we did have some time to get to know each other better. I feel like I am in good spirits and a good mood, but Elder Sare and I really want to improve our focus and get organized. I am getting along well with Elder Sare, and I am becoming more comfortable with the area and the people. Elder Sare and I are starting to work more together, so I am having a good time with him.
Shane sounds like he is doing well. It is fun how you all got to talk to him and Erik spoke to him in spanish. The mission really is a great time. and Merry Christmas Shane. They actually give gifts on New years and their Christmas is on the 7 of January.
On Sunday, the ward put on their primary Christmas program. A fair amount of kids showed up, and it was a fun program. Katya felt good about it, and she also felt a good support from her counselors. Saturday, the ward had a Christmas activity where they watched the church film joy to the world and then a Christmas film called Santa Clause. Some members brought their friends, and it seemed like a fun activity, but maybe if there were more involved activities, it would have been more enjoyable.
We had the opportunity to meet with a few investigators this week. One man, andrei is searching between a few churches to find the truth. We just started to teach a young lady who was found by the members in the ward. We did not have an opportunity to meet with Alekcei, the man who had went to the shaman to heal his father. Yes, last week we met with him, and he hold told us about witchcraft he had someone do for his father. It was very strange, but we want him to understand truth. Recently, there have been some people that had just walked into the church, and we have been able to share the message of the Restoration with them.
I live by the river, but not too close. I can see it from my home. I am not too far from the tram, but I am not near the center of Perm. The church is only about 10-15 minutes away, and it is by a cultural center. It is hard to give a good idea of where I live without giving specifics. I also live close to a hospital and some private home.
I really like it here, and the people are really kind. I know that Christ showed us the perfect way, and it is great to think about him in this time of the year and always. I have not yet made resolutions, but I think one of mine will resolve around giving up any selfish desires in order to serve someone when they stand in need of anything. New years will be a real good time to think though. It is an in day because there will be drunks out. I love you all. Bye.- Elder Larson