Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17, 2011

Hello family, I hope you are all doing very well. I am having a good time here in Perm. Right now my companion is in Finland, and tomorrow I will go for my Visa trip. Right now, it feels like we have about 6 investigators, but a lot of them have a lot of concerns, religious traditions, and previous thoughts about things. It is very difficult to break tradition, habit, and belief, especially since it is part of the country, but hopefully they can feel the Spirit and really decide to make a change. We actually met a man on the street who wanted to meet with us, which doesn't happen often, but we did meet with him, and we had a great lesson. He understood what we had said, and he also seemed willing to act and change. I don't know when we will meet next, but hopefully in the next few days. I feel that this will be a good transfer, and there will be great things happening in this zone. There are 2 brand new sisters, and it is interesting that I was in their shoes around 9 months ago. They were excited to be here, and they seem very optimistic. One is from Hawaii and the other from Utah. Another sister who has been on the mission a little longer has also come in to train the new sister here. The other change is that Elder Cordon, my former companion came. It was great to see him, and he seems excited to be in a new place and work here. Our mission is fairly small so that I almost know who are the missionaries are, and I have gotten to know quite a few of them. I have been thinking recently about how important the basic gospel is, and if we really keep it to the basics, everything in life falls into play. God looks out for his children, and he want every one to be successful. We just have to decide that for ourselves. He has set the plan and we just follow it. It sounds simple, can be very difficult, but with Christ's help, we can successfully follow the plan.
I love you all. It has not been to cold for me. I have become accustomed, but it is actually supposed to be a lot colder at this time of the year. there are still a lot of people out and about, and it is not too bad. I love you byee. -Elder Larson