Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7, 2010

Hello Family,

So when is Erik going to get married? Maybe you could send me a wedding invitation? Sorry I haven't sent any pictures. I forget, and I actually haven't taken a whole lot, but I will try to take and email some. Today I am in Yekaterinburg. It is a massive city compared to Kurgan. I will be here today, and work here tonight, stay at the mission home, then we meet as a mission tomorrow. Tomorrow we will here from Elder Rasband, and I am very excited to here from him. I feel like I will really learn a lot and be edified from this experience. After that, I get on a train tomorrow in the evening, and I will arrive back in Kurgan late tomorrow night. Elder Cordon will be moving to serve in Ufa, while Elder Pearson and I are staying in Kurgan. I feel like it will be better as a traditional companionship, and I am excited to see what we will be able to get done.

Last week I told you about a dacha. It is like a small house/shack out in the country where people have gardens in the summer, and nearly everyone has one. We helped a lady move wood pieces there, and she has started coming back to church. What happened is that piece of wood with nails came into my shoe right after my companion told me about it. The Lord was really watching after me though because the first nail went in between my big and second toe, while the second nail was just beyond my heel. I was fine. Quite a miracle. Well, I got slighly cut short on time because I had to wait for a computer. I will write more next time. I love you. Bye.
-elder Larson