Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2, 2012

Dear Family!
I hope you have a wonderful new years. Since most places will probably be closed on Monday, we are doing it today. There has been great weather here because it is not too cold, there is a light snow. We were able to meet with a few new investigators through referrals. Here in Perm, I really love the members, and they are very helpful and want to do the best they can to help others and the missionaries. I am having fun training. It was different getting used to, but my companion is excited about the work and trying new things and putting himself out there, and it is nice to hear him really try. He is not shy, so I think he will be comfortable talking, not caring about mistakes, and learning the language well. This evening, we are to be at home. Tomorrow we are to be at home except for church, which is one hour. There is an investigator here in Perm I started teaching a year ago. He moved to Moscow, but he came back here. I thought he would be ready for baptism. He has some doubts still, but I feel that he will be baptized someday. I know that our leaders really do not lead us astray, and as we trust them and the Lord, the Lord will prepare the way we need to go. I know that the Lord really gives me guidance and helps me get through my struggles. We already got January Liahona, and I enjoyed the first Presidency Message. 
I love you all, and I am glad that you had taught me so much in my youth. Good job for reading the scriptures too. Mom, if you want to ask questions on email, I can also answer you this way. I love the Book of Mormon, and I never get tired of it. I learn things all the time, and it has given me much understanding. I love you all. Have a happy New Year, and I wish you all the best. Bye. -Elder Larson